There are many different treatment options available for the treatment of diabetes. These methods are preferable depending on the patient’s condition and the level of diabetes mellitus. We will answer the question of Which Bariatric Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes by examining different methods. However, these methods cannot be determined by the patient. Only the surgeon can decide which method will be used and which bariatric surgery will be performed. This also occurs as a result of various examinations. Regardless of which of these 3 options is decided, the treatment of type 2 diabetes should first be tried with standard treatment options. Surgery is the last method to be used to treat type 2 diabetes. It is also worth noting that; Medicines used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes cannot end this disease forever, they only keep it under control. But surgery may be the definitive solution for this disease.
Metabolic surgery, which is not suitable for all types of diabetes, is one of the best options for type 2 diabetes. It is a surgery that can be performed on every patient who produces a little insulin, and it has very effective results. It can be applied to every type 2 diabetes patient with a body mass index above 30.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery: This surgery, in which a large part of the stomach is removed, is the most commonly performed surgery in type 2 diabetes surgery.
- Transit Bipartition: This surgery is not performed alone. It is usually an additional operation after the gastric sleeve and its purpose is to build a bridge between the small intestine and the stomach.
- Gastric Bypass: It is possible to say that Gastric Bypass surgery is the most appropriate surgery for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- Ileal Interposition: The main purpose of this operation is to stabilize the level of hormones by changing the location of the beginning and end points of the small intestine.
Bariatric surgery, which is performed with minimally invasive methods, is a weight loss surgery that is frequently preferred in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes. It is a method that treats diabetes by controlling the amount of sugar in the blood and is known as the duodenal switch. According to available statistics, it is the most detailed method of weight loss and is preferred for the treatment of diabetes, as well as high blood pressure, cholesterol and many other diseases. Bariatric Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes, since it is an operation that reduces absorption and restricts it, it is one of the most effective methods of treating diabetes. An experienced surgeon is required for this operation. There are few surgeons who can perform this operation.
Weight Loss Surgery
Obesity is the most important risk factor for diabetes and its treatment should be tailored to the patient. Since Obesity Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes is one of the most effective options for weight loss, it directly affects diabetes positively. Due to the wide variety of weight loss surgery, which surgery will be performed is decided by looking at the results of the examination and the patient’s health history. A Type 2 diabetes patient can lose between 20 and 50 kg with weight loss surgery and thus diabetes treatment is successful. The most effective type 2 diabetes treatment scientifically proven is weight loss surgery. The whole medical world agrees on this.
Type Diabetes 2 treatment
There are many treatment methods for Type Diabetes 2 treatment. Some of them are individual activities, while others cover medication and surgical solutions. The following are some methods that are used to treat type 2 diabetes:
- Medication treatments recommended by the doctor. These drugs are prescribed depending on the patient’s diabetes level and his state of health. Not every type 2 diabetes patient is treated with the same medication.
- Plenty of exercise and walking. The most natural method of treating type 2 diabetes is walking. Even if it doesn’t completely end the disease, it takes control at the perfect level.
- The duration of drug therapy is long, and the doses of drugs are gradually increased. Drug therapy often has some side effects.
- Insulin therapy is also one of the methods used in this treatment.