1. Home
  2. /
  3. Uncategorized
  4. /
  5. Which Is Better? Gastric...

Which Is Better? Gastric Bypass vs Gastric Sleeve

One of the issues that have been discussed for a long time in the medical world is which of the gastric sleeve and gastric Bypass surgeries is the best and the results. In this article, we will cover the topic of Gastric Bypass vs Gastric Sleeve extensively. With Gastric bypass surgery, you can lose on average lose 50 to 80 percent of your excess body weight. This may happen within 12 to 18 months. Gastric Sleeve patients lose 60 to 70 percent of their excess body weight in an average of 12 to 18 months. Both surgeries offer different advantages for obesity and diabetes patients. The results are also close to each other. In other words, as a result of both operations, you will lose more than half of your weight on average. So it has effective results. The most important thing here is which surgery the patient is suitable for. Because usually, the surgeon makes the choice of surgery. In doing so, he also evaluates many criteria and analyzes the patient’s condition. Age, gender, weight, and even existing diseases of the patient are important factors in choosing surgery. Here we will try to explain the pros and cons of both surgeries, rather than the topic of which surgery is better.

Gastric Bypass vs Gastric Sleeve

What is Gastric Bypass?

It is one of the most frequently performed surgeries in morbid obesity surgery. It is an operation with excellent results. The purpose of Gastric Bypass surgery is to reduce intestinal absorption. Gastric Bypass, which is performed for this purpose, has been practiced for 25 years around the world. 90% of the stomach is canceled, and the remaining 10% is connected to the small intestine to reduce absorption. In other words, all the nutrients taken are collected in this 10% portion. It is one of the best obesity surgeries that provides a feeling of satiety.

Gastric Bypass Pros & Cons

One of the most important advantages of gastric bypass surgery is that it positively affects diabetes mellitus. It gives effective results in patients who are addicted to calories. It is an operation in which you will gain at least weight in the long term. The most important drawback is the possibility of some intestinal complications. Because it is an operation related to the intestine, there may be intestinal problems. There are also disadvantages in the direction of vitamin deficiency.

What is Gastric Sleeve?

Gastric Sleeve is an obesity surgery that has few disadvantages compared to other obesity surgeries. In this Gastric Sleeve surgery, a very big part of the stomach is removed. Physiologically, it is one of the most preferred bariatric surgeries. In 5 years, you can lose at least 60% of your weight. Of course, this ratio depends on the patient’s nutrition after surgery and his new lifestyle. The possible risks of surgery vary depending on the patient’s age, gender and weight. The process after the operation triggers the success of the operation.

Gastric Sleeve Pros & Cons

One of the advantages of Gastric Sleeve surgery is that no foreign bodies are inserted into the stomach. The intake of the hormone ghrelin creates a feeling of satiety, which allows the patient to lose weight. It is also a great advantage that it does not harm the digestive system. Since he has closed surgery, he recovers very quickly. One of the advantages of Gastric Sleeve surgery is that the stomach that has been taken cannot become old again. The effect of losing weight can decrease after a while.

Summary

The Gastric Bypass vs Gastric Sleeve analysis and details that you read above contains only general information. The effects, results, advantages, and disadvantages of both surgeries are determined by the patient’s general health status and lifestyle after surgery. Remember that all obesity surgeries give successful results. The success rate of each operation performed by a qualified surgeon is high. But the effect of surgery and its long-term success may vary depending on your diet. It is difficult for you to decide which surgery is the right surgery for you. This is decided by the surgeon. If your medical history and current condition are suitable for this, you will be offered surgery options. Habits that you will acquire after surgery are more important than surgery.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

7/24
Dr. HE Telefon
WhatsApp Ask with WhatsApp